Saturday, November 26, 2011

LOVE IT

So, I don't know if any people that I talk to in real life are here, but just so you all understand the title, I'll break it down. Whenever I see something, or someone says something that I think is really great to listen to, or really funny, I say "I love it." or "LOVE it!". It's kind of like my thing. I also say NBD or No Big a bunch, but that's really not pertinent in this context. My reason for the titles though, is that I'm really thankful to be home with all of my friends and to be able to sit and not have to worry about my bitch of a roommate.

I know I talked to all of you about remembering the true meaning of Thanksgiving, but it seems to have been lost in all of the drama that is inevitably BLACK FRIDAY. As I sit on a footstool, eating tortilla chips and really hating the new control system of  Skyward Sword (you all know of my Legend of Zelda addiction),I can't help but be excited for the tattoo I'm going to go out and get tomorrow, if my friend decides that he wants to stop being an asshat for a few hours.

While my weekend home has been pretty intense so far, with trying to catch up with people, and the constant (or as my father would argue, incessant) bickering with my mother, I have to wonder what everyone back at school is doing. While I really have almost nothing to complain about because I am lucky, it makes me wonder what everyone back at school is doing, because not everyone had the opportunity to go home for Thanksgiving. There are girls that I graduated high school with that weren't able to come home, and the soldiers who are stationed overseas aren't able to see their families, and to any one who has a brother, sister, spouse, father, mother, in-law, or friend serving in any branch of the military, I hope that this is a good holiday season for you, and I hope that who ever it may be gets home safely.

Also, if anyone serving our country does read this, thank you all so much for your hard work, dedication and loyalty, sacrifice, and determination. Like the World War 2 memorial says in DC, "Freedom isn't really free". Your sacrifice makes people like me and my family about to have the life that we do. I hope that you all make is home safely, and know that people still support you, even if they don't always show it. Have a wonderful holiday season, even if you are stationed overseas.

No comments: