Thursday, August 27, 2009

*shakes head and sighs*

You might ask why I'm back to asterick thing, but really I have no idea. All i do know is that sports are hard and rewarding. I play field hockey and I'm one of the two Varsity Goalies at my school and I'm proud to play a sport. Why, you might ask? Well, since McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, and all those other fast food resturants have invaded the world, causing obesity to increase drastically ALL OVER THE WORLD. But, while one can argue that it's the people fault for eating it, they simply eat it because it's there. You can eat at one if your in a rush to get somewhere, you can eat at one if your stopping on a roadtrip, during lunch, whenever and wherever since most of them are open later and later. But while I sit here after a 3 1/2 hour practice, I feel glad that I'm not one of those people who sits there all day with nothing to do but watch TV and eat junk food.

Another topic-CHANGE.
Is it always a good thing? No, but is it mostly? Yes. Change is what causes us to be better(or worse) people, it can affect our lifes, our mindset, even our mentality about something. Change is ahppening right here in our country as well as the world. The recession has affected those who once were the epitome of consumerism, westernization, and all that good stuff, have cut back drastically. It's not only about how much you spend anymore. It's also about what you do to help that planet, what your doing to help jumpstart the economy, and such. Those of you who are changing your life style by eating organic and whole grain/wheat, good for you. I'm with you and I support you wholeheartedly. But those of you who aren't, here's a statistic that might change your view on the way your living:More then 56% of our country's population has diabetes;type 2 to be specific. If you don't know the difference between type one and type two, well here it is.

TYPE ONE:Otherwise known as juvenile diabetes. This is the less common one that you have no control over. It's something in your genes that prevents you from eating to much sugar because your pancreas can't take it. This is one that requires you to map out your sugar intake so you dont eat all of it at one time.

TYPE TWO:This is one that's preventable. Type 2 is caused by your lifestyle. The risk factors for type 2 include inactivity, high sugar intake without excersize, and a sedentary lifestyle in general. This is the most common type of diabetes and it's alsop the most preventable.

Think about it. Do you want to add the the 56% of the country? That's what I thought.


MUSIC.
Well, I'm in an alternative mood so thats the list.
  1. Lyrical Lies-Cute is What We Aim For
  2. Holiday-Boys like Girls
  3. Paparazzi-Lady Gaga
  4. Fuck You-Lily Allen
  5. Ur So Gay-Katy Perry
  6. There's a Class for This-Cute is What We Aim For
  7. Headlines Read Out-We the Kings

Done for today. I hope you all take in mind what I said, about all of it.

No comments: