Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clearly...

No one actually reads what I have to say anymore. I'm not trying to sound desperate-maybe all of my readers left, or maybe all of you decided that I wasn't worth waiting for, but I'm trying guys. Being a second semester senior with very little on her plate has really opened up my opportunities, especially now that I'm IN college.... I'm trying to help you all, fuel your arguments against those who are uneducated, give you some good music to listen to, but I understand if you've all given up on me. Maybe I'll get lucky, and some innocent bystander will happen upon my blog, and then he'll tell one of his friends, who will tell one of her friends, and maybe (just maybe) I'll get some readers again. Until that time comes though, I'll pretty much type what I normally would.

Now, today, I plan on telling you a story. It's a story that I wrote for my ex-boyfriend (you know, that oh-so-wonderful guy I mentioned... back in July?) about a giraffe and a monkey who become best friends. This story was pretty short, and I hope anyone who eventually reads this takes the time to read it.

Our story begins on a hot and muggy summer Tuesday, because all stories should begin on a Tuesday, as it is right between the worst day of the week and "hump" day. A forest, full of old and majestic trees stands firm and proud, providing shade for Marvin, a young monkey who is alienated from all of the monkey's at the monkey school. Marvin enjoyed long walks on the forest's edge, and often enjoyed long swims in a lake, hidden from most people. On the fine Tuesday that our story begins on, Marvin walks to the lake, but does not jump in, as a lone giraffe is standing on the shore, tentatively drinking water. Marvin slowly approached the giraffe, and glanced around. "Hello?" Marvin had never seen a giraffe before. "Hello, my name is Geraldine. I'm a giraffe. What exactly are you?" Marvin looked around again and waited for a few seconds before answering. "My name is Marvin, and I'm a monkey. What are you doing at this lake?" Geraldine looked at him and waited a few seconds before responding. "One of my friends told me about it... I get picked on a lot by the other giraffes. Do you mind?" "Not at all. I get picked on by the other monkeys too, so it's alright."

That's all I really wrote, but I felt that part of it was an appropriate segue into what I wanted to address with you "readers" today-bullying. It's not just ostracizing a fellow classmate, or even a colleague, but it's when you make a person feel worse about themselves by talking about them behind their back, spreading rumors, or even being a jackass to their face. You can bully a person for all sorts of reasons, but the main reason is because a person is gay or lesbian. Back in the 1950's and 60's, it made sense because of how they were raised. Since most people my age were raised by parents were growing up during the sexual revolution, when it become more "acceptable" to be gay or lesbian, why do kids bully others? Are the close minded? Love is love is love. No matter what way you look at it, love is love.
And please, don't give me that religious bullshit, because if we followed the bible in all aspects, there would be no football, no eating shellfish, or a lot of other things that we do in today's society. If most religions consider homosexuality to be a sin, that's great for them, but since the constitution of our "fine" nation says that there will be a separation of church and state (that's religion and the government for those who don't understand), why does it matter? We aren't supposed to be controlled by a religion, because that's not what the founding fathers wanted. There are some religions where you could practice bestiality, and they don't give a shit, and since the 1st amendment gives us the freedom of religion, that means that people who are homosexuals should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want-without being bullied.
One of my best friends on the entire planet is bisexual, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her if she asked, and even if she didn't, I would still do it. I have no problem with her :liking girls", and I would kick the ass of anyone who did, because she's just the way she used to be, only now, she openly admits that she thinks some girls are attractive. I mean, I've been told I'm bisexual, and to be honest, after many of the posts from earlier, when I mentioned how I thought Bridget Regan was incredibly sexy, I can understand why. To clarify (since we're on the topic)-I am not bisexual or lesbian. I know because I have kissed a girl before, and I have no problem admitting that. According to a survey from "Seventeen Magazine", over 40% of high school girls have thought about kissing another girl, and 67% of those 40 had. Also, between 1990 and 2000, the average age for "coming out" had dropped from 22 (when most people graduate college) to 13 (when many children are in 8th grade).
Clearly, I'm not an advocate for bullying-in any form. Cyberbullying has become a new way for people to bully others, there are many examples, like the Irish girl who committed suicide because of the way she was being treated at school as well as online by her peers, or the gay guy who committed suicide because a video was posted of him with another man. If these people are persecuted for various reasons, and no one reports it, then you too are responsible. Bring it to a counselor, and don't black out names. There's a code of confidentiality, so you won't have to worry about the whole "snitches get stitches" thing.
If you're being bullied (online or in school), or if you're contemplating suicide from being bullied-don't. You can call the National Suicide Hotline, 24 hours a day, at 1-800-273-TALK, and don't be afraid to call. If you're being bullied and want to stop it, go to counselor, or tell a teacher that you trust. Sometimes, talking it out is the best (and safest road). If you consider suicide because of bullying, remember, there are people out there who care, and I hope that you take the time to realize that before you commit suicide. 


Anyways, onto brighter topics. MUSIC

  1. Send Me On My Way-Rusted Root
  2. Cash Cash-Cash Cash
  3. Holly(Would You Turn Me On?)-All Time Low
  4. Something to Hope For-The Undeserving
ENJOY! (I'll post tomorrow... I'm on a roll here!)


Anyways, onto lighter topics.

No comments: