Sunday, September 18, 2011

19 hours and counting....

Now, you're all probably like "NO WAY. TWICE IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS." I just had to get this off my chest. All you "Castle" Fans out there, spoilers will be said within the next 2 sentences, so I recommend not reading this post until after you're all caught up. Oh, and if you're looking for music, don't expect it in this post.

             Ready? Okay. With season 4 premiering in less than 24 hours, I'm squealing over the fact that a)Beckett was not shot fatally and b)those 3 magical words are in the air. While I'm not one to have already seen the episode (but trust me, I wish that I was one of those lucky people), I've been doing my research. From what I've read on the internet from those who have seen the episode (I ENVY YOU), Beckett and Castle will address those 3 lovely words that we're all so glad Rick finally got around to saying, even though it was in the last 10 seconds of the episode, right after our darling Kate was shot. Unfortunately for the fans who want the two to end up as a couple, you will be sadly disappointed, but don't give up yet! Nathan Fillion (who portrays Richard Castle so that we all love his rugged handsomeness, his charm, and his comedic timing) has said that he wants Beckett and Castle to have a drunken night of passion, and then to see where it goes from there. Stana Katic (our lovely Detective Kate Beckett) on the other hand, is not a huge supporter of the two coupling up. What's happened so far between this pair? Castle laid his cards out on the table TWICE during the epic season finale, telling Kate that he not only doesn't know what the two of them are, but that he loves her. I'm so in love with this couple, it's not even funny. You should hear me when I'm back home. I got both of my sisters to watch the show and we would wait up and watch, not one of us even tired, even though we had school the next day. This relationship keeps the show going, but from the moment that these two kissed when Ryan and Esposito were kidnapped, then Castle telling Beckett that she was "the mystery [he] was never going to solve", and then into the stunning admittance of his true feelings, we all know that we want more. What I do have to add to this relationship is that Josh is toast, which of course should make the pair free to do whatever they please, but alas. Castle, being the ultimate playboy, can't resist an attractive woman's charms, will be put to the test this season, especially seeing as how the pair isn't actually dating. Beckett likes Castle all to herself and seeing him with another woman, even if it's not serious, is (hopefully) going to drive here crazy.
              Now, Andrew Marlow, the show's creator (the man whom all of us love so dearly for creating such a wonderful and fantastic show) has said it himself:Kate wasn't wearing a vest. That's right folks; she was NOT wearing a vest when she was shot. Of course, we have to keep Josh around to make Rick feel guilty about causing all of this, because let's be honest here, he was the one who pushed Kate into all of this. You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but Castle is partially to blame. Back in the ending of season 1 when he tells Beckett that she has to figure this out, it leads to the death of Montgomery and Beckett being shot. Marlow also said that they had been planning on taking Captain Montgomery off the show since January, and that they gave him a noble death, even though he was the 3rd cop.
             What are we to expect for the rest of season 4? It's not supposed to be nearly as dark as season 3 was, mainly because they've got some more themed episodes. Unfortunately for us "Firefly" fans, Captain Mal Reynolds will NOT being making a cameo appearance, even thought I wish he would. We're also going to learn Alexis' true feelings for daddy-dearest on the job very early on in the season.Hint:she's not a huge fan, though she loves Beckett. What can we expect for Martha? Not too much, other than the fact that she and Castle will be on the wrong side of a robbery while she's trying to get a loan for her acting school. On the family front, we'll be learning the identity of Papa Castle, the big mystery for the ages among us Castle fans. Oh, and Ryan's wedding? As it turns out, our bromance may go through a rough patch when Ryan thinks about making Castle his best man, and not Esposito. Marlow has announced that it's going to come down to who can throw the best Bachelor party. Jenny's going to be bride-zilla, even though the two are already married in real life. The wedding is going to put a HUGE strain on Lanie and Esposito because Lanie starts talking about it.... Oh, and she won't get along to well with Jenny.
Onto the last thing that I know you're all wondering about. Who did the late captain send that envelope to? Marlow has announced that it's going to be addressed almost immediately, though I still don't know who it is, mainly because everyone whose seen the episode has been threatened with beheading if they admit anything. My money is on either Castle or Beckett's father. I guess I'll have to wait until tonight, thought I don't know if I can actually do that.

SO GLAD THAT I GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST. I hope you all enjoyed my take on the season premier, even though that's A TON of information that I've just laid on you guys. Also note-Marlow has no intention of becoming "Bones" simply because he doesn't want this relationship dragged out too much. One of the things we can love about ABC Network and not Fox.
I'm fully aware that this is an unusual post for me, but I needed to get it all out into the open. I hope all you "Castle" fans like it, even if you read this later.
Later Alligators.

No comments: