Sunday, September 18, 2011

No One Sees You Like I Do

My mother drives me crazy. Even from 600 miles away, she still manages to ruin my day. It wasn’t even anything big. It’s just that at my college, it’s a huge suit case campus, which means that a lot of people live close to home, so they go home on the weekends, which would be nice. But I’m 8 and a half hours away. So when I told my mother that I was planning to take a bus home, she automatically assumed that it was because I had no friends. Even though I told her that all my friends go home to work on the weekends. Why she took that to mean that I have no friends ever still makes no sense to me. Then she took my frustration to mean that I wasn’t happy at school. I’m quite happy at school because it means that I don’t have to be close to her. Don’t get me wrong, I love her. She’s just drives me crazy. I’m pretty sure that it’s the same for almost everyone. It’s okay, it’s completely private here, so you don’t have to worry about it. I just can’t handle it sometimes. I mean, now I am waiting for some of my friends to get back to campus so that I can go for dinner, but it’s nbd.

I’m also going to assumed that if I get no album suggestions before Wednesday that I’m going to review “Everything’s Fine” by The Summer Set. Also, if you guys haven’t read any of Chelsea Handler’s books, I fully suggest that you change that. She’s actually hilarious. I just read “Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me” and I literally could not contain my laughter. It’s a bunch of stories written by her friends and family, and it’s hysterical. Anyways, I hope that you guys take the time to read it, on your kindle, nook, other e-reader, or who knows, the actual book. They do still make those.

I’m also counting down the days until my birthday. Why? Not only because it’ll be my 18th birthday, but it’s also the day that Christopher' Paolini’s conclusion to the Inheritance Cycle, which I have read faithfully from the day that “Eragon” was released in the bookstores. It seems fitting that it’s released on my 18th birthday. For all of you that read the books, you understand what a big deal this is. For all of you that saw the movie and didn’t read the book, they murdered the book, and I recommend reading it because of how the characters are developed, the storyline is wonderful, and the fact that it was written by a 16 year old makes it that much more impressive.

While I usually rant about politics or music, I felt that I should try to make literacy more appealing to the masses, but if you’re reading this, then there’s a very high chance that you don’t really need to worry about literacy. I mean, unless you’re blind, in which case I apologize for making that assumption. Anyways, MUSIC TIME!

About A Girl-ALL TIME LOW

About A Girl-THE SUMMER SET

Mr. Saxobeat-ALEXANDRA STAN

She’s A Lady-FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS

No comments: