Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Reflection

It's the 10 year anniversary of probably one of the most horrible things to happen on United States soil in it's history. Over 3,000 people were killed, but since it happened when I was in 3rd grade, I didn't exactly understand the gravity of the situation. I remember that we were listening to the radio during a spelling test, and then the song was interrupted. My teacher gasped but no one else in my class seemed to understand it. I remember getting home and trying to talk to my mom about it, but my dad had been sent into the city and my mom was worried. My dad was a police officer at the time, and I was so scared when my mom told me that something might happen. My best friend was crying because her aunt had been killed. It wasn't until the next day when things had been explained and the principal had gotten on the loud speaker and said that anyone who felt upset was allowed to leave class to go to the therapist, but elementary school kids don't always understand how situations can impact the rest of the country.

That's my story. It's not nearly as tragic as others, but I applaud all of the men and women who went to ground zero and did their jobs. To all of those who lost family members or friends in the tragic events of 9/11, my condolences go out to you. Also, I ask that everyone who reads this makes their facebook status the following paragraph:
On September 11th, 2001, 4 passenger jets crashed by the force of terrorism. The twin world trade centers were each hit with planes, a third into the Pentagon. A fourth plane never reached its destination, it was brought down by the brave souls on flight 93 that made the ultimate sacrifice . Almost 3,000 innocent people were killed that day, along with the first responders to the attacks as firemen,police, and paramedics. In remembrance of these brave men and women, post this is your status.


Cheers, and here's some songs to listen to:
Wake Me Up When September Ends-GREEN DAY
Bruised-JACK'S MANNEQUIN
On The Radio-REGINA SPEKTOR
Stay with You-THE GOO GOO DOLLS
Miss Sobriety-CUTE IS WHAT WE AIM FOR
Fall Back Into My Life-AMBER PACIFIC

No comments: